Disclosure of Consumer Rights Under the California Consumer Privacy Act
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Associated Steel disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (See Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights below), we will disclose to you:
– The categories of personal information we collected about you.
– The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
– The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
– If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, the personal information categories that each type of recipient obtained.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the
CCPA, we will not:
– Deny you goods or services.
– Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
– Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
– Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different leve or quality of goods or services.
– However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCP that can result in different prices or rates. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable
consumer request to us by either:
– Calling us at (800) 321-9300
– Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
– Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are (a) the person about whom we collected personal information or (b) an authorized representative.
– Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided to in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.